jueves, 5 de febrero de 2015

The Masks of Fiesta de la Candelaria

When I was younger, I think it was 3 or 4 years old, my father took me to Puno to see the festival of Candelaria for the first time, but it were scary masks! It all seemed very strange, not knowing what else were the masks. For me were heads that people wore over her real head and thereby turned into those strange characters with bulging eyes and bright colors.  
But then I learned that everything is part of a religious festival in honor of the Virgen de la Candelaria.They say "virgencita" makes many miracles! To me the first he gave me was take off the shock of the masks of the dancers
More than 100,000 dancers who go out with over 10,000 musicians! Of course, not all come at once, leaving group by group ...
The Diablada is the best known and most colorful of all dance there and danced in several countries besides highland Peru.

The most impressive mask of Diablada is the Supay or Saqra, which is a mixture of western demon with janchanchu or aymara spirit of the mines.
 

 
  Photo: www.rpp.com.pe

Did you know that Peru has great festivals during the year as the Virgen de la Candelaria in Puno?
 
When you come to know my country, find out about the holidays. Our friends in Peru Tourism can help you plan your visit to Peru, they know a lot! Ah! And when you come, please, please, invite me to one of these parties because now I'm not afraid to masks!
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario